We are Southwest Pennsylvania residents who believe in the need for radical change of our economic and political system. That system does not provide for the needs of the overwhelming majority of people in our cities and counties. Our governments should not be run by and for the interests of the small elite who built and expanded their enormous wealth and power by means of endless wars and a for-profit system that uses racism to divide us. We believe that through local activism, in combination with independent participation in elections and neighborhood organizing, local communities can begin the long process of radical change. We seek liberty and justice for all, no matter our race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
HUMAN RIGHTS FOR ALL
- Full Employment
- Universal Health Care
- Quality Affordable Housing
- Affordable Public Transit
- Quality Affordable Education
- A Safe and Healthy Environment
GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT THE RICH
- Community Based Democracy
- Tax the Rich, Make Them Pay Their Fair Share
- A Just and Non-Racist Criminal Justice System
- Cut the War Budget, Fund Local Needs.
- Build Co-operative Institutions and Democratize the Economy
Platform Background Materials:
- Original Organizing Framework and Rationale
- You can hear a recorded audio presentation of this organizing framework) read by Carl Redwood at the Thomas Merton Center’s New People’s Award ceremony.
- Short Version of Strategy Document
- Early Draft of Organizing Plan